Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Question for moms please answer

can you refrigerate breast milk if it was already refrigerated and the baby didn't finish the milk can u still use what is left over????
3 Responses
I wouldn't do that. Just because once you heat up milk it's not good to reheat it. Also once the baby drinks from a bottle they say not too keep it too long due to the increase risk of bacteria growth.
Actually. Sorry I take my last comment back. Apparently I'm completely wrong. I never re-reheated breast milk but its actually alright to do. Here's a little something I just read about it. Hope it helps

http://www.pnmag.com/motherhood/is-there-a-limit-to-how-many-times-you-can-reheat-a-bottle-of-breast-milk/
134578 tn?1546634665
Breast milk is super-resistant to bacteria.  It's way more durable than formula, which means that you can leave it out a while and refrigerate it and the baby can still drink it.  Look up La Leche League for information.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.