Pregnancy Community

Rapid Weight Loss During Pregnancy

I am 13wks pregnant and this is my 4th child.  I had severe morning sickness to the point where I couldn't keep anything down for days.  Went to the hospital and was prescribed promethazine.  I have stopped vomiting as often but still have severe nausea.  I lost 10 lbs within 3wks but now that I am on the promethazine I have lost more weight (around 2lbs a day) I am eating several small meals a day and drinking water as much as I can.  I am 5'2" and started out around 145, I now weigh 130.  I have my initial intake appointment in a few days but if things don't change by then I will weigh only 120.  Main doc seems to hope it will fix itself or ease up but I'm getting worried.  Anyone experience anything similar?  Please help.
A lot of women lose a lot of weight during early pregnancy due to morning sickness. If that medication isn't working for you, and making you lose more weight, ask your doctor about something different. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless your doctor is.