Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close
435139 tn?1255460391

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea

Anyone try this?  There are no health stores near me so if I buy it, I am making a long trip into the city and back (one hour there, one hour back)...just trying to see if its worth it...
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
435139 tn?1255460391
Looks like I'll be walking and bouncing this weekend!  My mom has an exercise ball that I'll borrow!  They'll be no bouncing with dh lol
Helpful - 0
599316 tn?1256921613
yeah sex is out of the question for me as well! I cant even tolerate those awful pelvic exams, they hurt so bad! I just went on leave last week and my job requires lots of standing and walking 4 hours/night maybe but with breaks whenever because i work alone (janitorial) I tell ya, every night at work i would get contractions and i think thats why i am 80% effaced, 1cm dialated and +1 station. All that walking and standing. So since then i havent hardly had any contractions! So i think its 2 mi of walking for me again. It REALLY seemed to move things along. Not now that im resting though. Which ***** because i really need the rest from 6 days a week working AND cleaning the hosue all day everyday. I dont trust that other **** (old wives) they never work, only by coincidence.
Helpful - 0
461781 tn?1285609481
I couldn't imagine how uncomfortable it would be to have sex at 39 weeks, but, gotta get daddy to help out with this labor somehow ;) Nippple stimulation (although, I think it has to be sexual stimulation because I was told to rub my nipples with a towel to get them "stong" so they wont crack with breastfeeding and that hasn't caused any kind of uterarian discomfort).  But I'm sure that some sexual stimulation on the nipples could get things going ;) An orgasm could work too...I know I know you must feel completely a-sexual at this point but...
Hmm what else works!? Castor oil (yuck), membrane sweep, bouncing on the exercise ball, walking, pineapple or eggplant, accupuncture, laxatives......or just waiting for the child to grace you with his presence.
Good luck!
Helpful - 0
435139 tn?1255460391
I want this baby out but seriously sex is off the table for me right now...it just doesn't feel good and I feel gross...not quite used to carrying around and extra 30lbs.
Helpful - 0
461781 tn?1285609481
It wouldn't hurt to try it.  But I think sex and walking are the only proven "methods" to get him out!
I think I might have seen that tea at Walmart too.
Helpful - 0
435139 tn?1255460391
Oh...thanks evthing...I didn't even think of the organic section...we do have a grocery store about 15 min away!!!  
Helpful - 0
414635 tn?1272217693
I think it is worth it to buy. I used it after...while still in the hospital, about 3 cups a day, and i didn't have a single afterpain from my uterus. So if you know anyone going tot he city, pick some up, but i bought mine at the grocery store...most have an organic section these days, or even check the regualr tea section.....raspberry tea is quite popular, you can get it at Tim Hortons (canadain version of dunkin donuts)
Helpful - 0
435139 tn?1255460391
DH didn't think it was worth the trip to get it...

Bummer it didn't work for more ladies...I might try eating some eggplant tomorrow though...eggplant is good to me either way ;)  
Helpful - 0
756023 tn?1338520435
Didn't work for me either.
Helpful - 0
464067 tn?1297298432
hi i have been trying it for a few weeks now and it hasnt worked you can try it and see if it works for you good luck :)
Helpful - 0
It didn't work for me!  :)  Good luck!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.