Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

Round Ligament pain

I'm 27 weeks,and has one had round ligament pain??? I can't seem get comfortable is there anyway I can get some kind of relief? I tried my pregnancy ball,body pillow,hot shower & even a hot bath but nothing seems to work let alone help. Can anyone help or give advice?
2 Responses
7552771 tn?1469929649
Treatment of Round Ligament Pain
Here are some tips that may help reduce your discomfort:

Pain relief. Take over-the-counter acetaminophen for pain, if necessary. Ask your doctor if this is OK.

Exercise. Get plenty of exercise to keep your stomach (core) muscles strong. Doing stretching exercises or prenatal yoga can be helpful. Ask your doctor which exercises are safe for you and your baby.

A helpful exercise involves putting your hands and knees on the floor, lowering your head, and pushing your backside into the air.
Avoid sudden movements. Change positions slowly (such as standing up or sitting down) to avoid sudden movements that may cause stretching and pain.

Flex your hips. Bend and flex your hips before you cough, sneeze, or laugh to avoid pulling on the ligaments.

Apply warmth. A heating pad or warm bath may be helpful. Ask your doctor if this is OK. Extreme heat can be dangerous to the baby
Oh thank you so much!
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.