Safe???

I received a call this morning by my Drs nurse telling me I have Vaginal Bacteria & prescribed me some medicine. Well I picked up the pills which are called Metronidazol came home & started reading the directions (take 1 tablet by mouth twice a day) before i even took one it came attached to more papers and on the paper it specifically says not to take during the first 3 months of pregnancy. So I decided to google and all I see are negative things. I am 8 weeks pregnant & I have no idea what to do. Has anyone else taken them or had any problems? Help please. This is my second pregnancy. First was a success and took no meds besides the prenatals.
Thanks in advance!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I got prescribed it when I was 10weeks. It's okay to take otherwise the doctor wouldn't give it to you. But you absolutely have to take it how it says & don't forget because it will come right back.
Helpful - 0
I only googled the pills in the first place because the pills came in a package with more papers attached to it and it cleary states on the papers in bold letters not to take during the first 3 months of pregnancy. But I will call my dr tmrw just to make sure. Thanks.
Helpful - 0
If it wasnt a obgyn then yu should call one to make sure, if so its ok.
Helpful - 0
I'm going to start taking them tomorrow. It is safe. I go to one of the top Hospitals and they prescribed me the same thing. I had to take it with my middle daughter and she came out healthy as can be. Never Google stuff because it can make things look worse. But I'm pregnant with my fourth child and never had one issue taking the same meds.
Helpful - 0
You cannot cure a bacterial infection with the same methods you would a yeast infection. . They are two completely different things
Helpful - 0
I used monistat
Helpful - 0
I had a yeast infection and i refused to take any medication i don't even take Tylenol lol but i used a more natural alternative
I got a tampon and covered it in natural yogurt and my infection was gone right the next day it was more effective then taking the antibacterial pills
Helpful - 0
I've taken that medication during the 1st trimester during both my pregnancies
Helpful - 0
I always check what my doctor prescribe me. Doctors are humans and they do make mistakes. It happened to me.
Helpful - 0
Never google! Lol I've been prescribed this with both pregnancies its a common medicine to treat bacterial vaginosis.. your doc would not give it to u if it wasn't safe. And they did because it can cause more harm by not treating it.. follow your prescription directions and you will be fine
Helpful - 0
Most Likely since they prescribed them then they think it will be ok.but if that were me I would wait until the office is open again or they should have a 24 hours nurse line and see what they say.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community