Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

Setting up

So next week we find out the gender. Im 19 weeks and i was wondering when it was appropiate to start getting stuff ready for the nursery. We're not having a huge shower so most of the stuff will be bought by my husband and i... Ive heard 7 months or 8. But that was asuuming you would get majority of the stuff at the shower. So when should we start stocking up??
6 Responses
15474120 tn?1451895933
I started at 6
months
We bought the stroller first lol
5727805 tn?1378193052
With my first baby I bought most things before 30 weeks. With this baby I didn't get anything until 33 weeks. But that was more just due to laziness. Haha
Right when we found out we started buying neutral clothes, but after we found out the sex of our kids we bought everything we absolutely needed for th3 baby, and if you are worried about getting a lot of the same items at your baby shower you can always make a registry somewhere.
you should do,it at 6months
I just started buying at 30 weeks
I just set up the nursery and I'm 34 weeks. Luckily,  I haven't had to purchase anything except diapers, wipes and pacifiers (a family friend gave me everything we need). I would suggest you start stocking up right after the baby shower. Waiting until after the baby shower should give you a good idea of what you'll need to buy.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.