Pregnancy Community

Severe Menstrual cramps & Pregnancy

I have suffered from severe menstrual cramps for many years. Does it affect getting pregnant in anyway? I heard that women suffering from such cramps find it difficult to become pregnant. Is it true?
I had very severe periods. Vomiting, passing out, extreme pain. Hospitalized many times. Tried just about anything to make it better. One day I realized I missed my period and I was pregnant. Docotrs told me it may have been difficult to get pregnant. My aunt is same as me and cannot have children. I now have two kids (both surprises and was using condoms at the time) and my period is now normal. Apparently I am very fertile after all!