Sore nipples

Hi, I'm 6 weeks 2 days pregnant with my 1st and suffering with really sore nipples. Does anyone have any tips to help ease this please. Thanks in advance
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi!
If you were my patient, I would advise you that you have a  common and normal symptom of early pregnancy.  It will get better on its own as time goes on.  I hope you get lots of good advice from the other forum members--my best advice is to wear a very tight fitting sports bra if you can tolerate it.
Good luck!
Dr B
Helpful - 0
Use an ice pack it helped me
Helpful - 0
I have been using a warm wheatbag when it gets really sore
Helpful - 0
They have things called soothies. They are little gel packs u stick in the fridge and omg they work wonders. I used them while breastfeeding. Hope u find something to help u.
Helpful - 0
I had this problem. 13 weeks along and still have it. It doesn't really go away just gets less intense. Mine helped by rubbing lotion on them this also helped my nipples from getting dry. Its just your breasts getting ready for milk.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Forum

Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.