Still born

What would cause a baby to be still born? Does anyone know? I'm just curious as to know.
Im curious too..or if there's anything to help preventit I've been stressing about this lately
Most times there's a disease or deformity in the baby that can cause the babu to pass away before it's born or shortly after. :( The good news is it's really rare.
Thank you. I was just curious, I  know someone who had a still born and was just curious.
My daughter was still born due to the umbilical cord being clogged. It caused her to not be able to get oxygen or anything else for that matter. It's said to be rare but I know a few ppl it's happened to, so I can only imagine how many there are that I don't know
Oh and by the way my baby was healthy. No diseases or deformities
My first son they said had an extreme chance of being still born due to me having high blood pressure and low fluid so they induced early and we were lucky he is fine. Was sick at birth and had to have surgery though
Well, it is a fact of pregnancy and life, stillbirth does happen. It is surely the most devastating situation to have to endure. My first Granddaughter was born still at 36.6 weeks due to torsion of her umbilical cord ~ not a true knot or nuchal cord but delivers the same devastation and heartache. I would definitely mention your concerns to your health care team.

Please don't make yourself miserable when you are pregnant dwelling on the possibility of your baby being born still. There are a few things you need to know to ENJOY your pregnancy and STOP worrying about your baby who is living very happily inside you!!! First ~ don’t ever hesitate to call your doctor, midwife or health care team with any questions and concerns you may have or comments you don't understand. They are there to educate and inform you ~ that’s their job!!! And, always trust your gut.

The most recent research tell all pregnant women to begin sleeping on their left side!!! At 10 and 18 weeks, have your baby's estimated placental volume (EPV) measured, this will let you know how the placenta is functioning in relation to your baby (there is an app for your IPhone). At 20 weeks on the anatomy scan, make sure the baby's heart, umbilical cord and placenta are visualized for normal construction and placement; begin a daily journal of baby's moments at this time.

Insist on an additional ultrasound around 28 weeks to check the umbilical cord and placenta as I have mentioned above. If there is a problem, work with your health care team for a close monitoring solution such as ultrasounds, daily home fetal rate heart home monitoring, Fetal Non Stress Tests (NST) Biophysical Profiles (BPP), etc. Begin kick counting now three times a day and remember a change in baby's movements such as speeding up or slowing down and changes in sleep-wake cycles could be the sign of a compromised baby. Don't ever hesitate to voice your questions and concerns to your healthcare team, and request additional testing and ultrasounds during your pregnancy.

Your baby may experience “hiccups” which will first be noticed as soft, regular, rhythmic movements in the same place. As your pregnancy progresses, they will feel stronger and will eventually feel like hiccups except in your abdomen!!! Your baby’s hiccups should decrease as your pregnancy advances. Many babies have hiccups and there is no problem, but past 30 weeks your baby should not have hiccups every day. If your baby has daily hiccups, hiccups lasting longer than 15 minutes, or hiccups occurring more than 3 – 4 times in 24 hours, your baby should be evaluated for umbilical cord issues.

Also, check out the websites for both viral and bacterial infections which can impact your pregnancy. Group B Strep (GBS), CMV, Toxoplasmosis etc. can be found on the CDC or March of Dimes websites.  Most health care professionals don't mention these infections to moms. Be educated, be proactive, and be vigilant.

Getting to know your baby's movements is imperative. Empowering moms to ask simple questions, be proactive and learn how to be their baby's "guardian" will help to ensure a happy, healthy and hearty delivery day for all…xo
That is an amazing post, two thumbs up :)
I have no concerns, i just have heard about it and was curious is all
It says practically the same thing on Google ladies. Next time try it. Everything isn't always bad in doing so but yes there are many things that will scare you.
my water broke at 34 weeks. & my dr. wanted to wait to deliver me untill 36 weeks. i made it to 35 before she passed away. Her UC rapped around her arm & cut off her supply of oxygen. i was told. that situation happens to less then 1% of expecting moms. she was completly healthy & no deformaties. its rare. Dont worry about it.!
Great info babiebeat.

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community