MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Suggestions to increase chances

Hello all :)

I'm actually wondering if anyone can share they're suggestions on bm positions, vitamins, and anything that has helped them conceive.  My husband and I are ttc, and are exploring lots of options on helping us conceive.  We've purchased an ovulation kit, and have also started taking multi-vitamins.  We've been together for a while now, and are anxious to start our family soon.  

Thanks for any suggestions :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Start drinking more water - it improves fertility..

Taking fish oil also helps and is very good for the developing baby (especially before you know you are pregnant)

Don't drink alcohol (any at all), don't smoke (stay away from smokers), and don't have any caffiene (no coke/pepsi, no coffee, no energy drinks) caffiene decreases the chance of conceiving, and increases the cahnce of miscarriage...

Helpful - 0
They say have sex every other day so his sperm count doesnt get too low.  And dont stress out too much about it!!  Your mind has a lot to do with the way your body functions just get your BD on and have fun and hopefully it will happen!  Good luck with ttc!!
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the advice- I've read a few articles and other posts stating the same thing (being on bottom promotes better movement for the sperm toward the uterus)  Keep your fingers crossed :)

Thanks again!
Helpful - 0
Being on bottom is best for getting preggers.   Lay there for about 20-30 minutes after sex before getting up.  Use ovulation sticks and chart your BBT to confirm ovulation. If you try for longer than a year with no success contact your doctor.  Good Luck!!!!
Helpful - 0
-When ttc, you should start taking a PRENATAL vitamin rather than a regular vitamin.  Many doctors are recommending women do this about 3 months before they ttc so they have plenty of folic acid in their system when they do conceive.  

-Positions wont effect your chances of ttc.  So, you are hubbie should do what feels best for you both.

-The highest chance of getting pregnant is about  30% and occurs 1-2 days BEFORE ovulation.  During ovulation, the chance of getting pregnant is 25%, and 1-2 days after ovulation the chances are only 5%.  So getting to know when you ovulate (the kit, changes in CM, and basal temperature are all methods you can use) is a great idea and will increase your chances.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community