Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

Summer pregnancy

Ok ladies lol I've heard being pregnant in the summer is sometimes terrible for some women!! Is this true? I'm gonna be big in the summer because I'm due in August and I'm already dreading it lol
13 Responses
I had a winter pregnancy with my son, he was born in April. This time I am due in August too and I am also dreading it!
It depends where u live. I live in new Orleans  extremely humid and miserable. Today it's warm and it's weird to say ppl are experiencing winter storms around the world. I never had a summer pregnancy but if u get agitated  like I do over little stuff it can be difficult. Congrats I hope all is well.
Am in cali i had my first two were in the summer and so is my third i stay in doors with the AC on blast.
Ok thanks girls. I'll def take the advice.
I am due in August also. I am worried about the summer bc it gets humid in wisconsin and our bedrooms are upstairs and we can't install an air conditioner upstairs
It's bad I was always hot
I had my first in September.  To me it wasn't so bad
961574 tn?1520648103
I delivered my twins on July 21st.  I didn't mind being pregnant in the summer.   I also like summer birthday's.   Congrats! !
Lol down south summer weather is crucial I really can't deal and my baby is due in august as well. So I won't even come outside LIKE ALWAYS being that I don't LIKE mosquitos LORD!!
7294220 tn?1390280420
Im Also Due In August And I Live In Florida It Gets Hot All Day Long And The Humidity Is Terrible Lol Good Luck
Im due at the end of July and i'm actually excited because the maternity wear is more comfortable for summer. With my first I was pregnant during winter and I hated wearing pants, lol. The skirts will come out as soon as it gets warm! Just stay as cool as possible and you should be fine (:
Also, when I found out with my first I found out in the summer and had horrible morning sickness which was HORRIBLE! id rather be big and round than super sick and pregnang during the summer!
7631083 tn?1394352887
I had my first in August and the summer was kind of uncomfortable but I was able to handle it. I had my wedding in May and it was oitside, I was fine. My sister had her wedding in early July and it was hot but I did ok most of the day. Just had always something cold to drink. Just wear tank tops shorts skirts whatever to make sure you don't get hot.
This time around I am due in mid July and we now live in eastern Washington so I will have to see what it will be like this summer. It was pretty hot last year so I might suffer this time around
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.