Pregnancy Community

Threatned miscarriage

Last night me and the hubby had sex and I started bleeding but with no cramps or any pain. Went to the ER and they said it was a threatened miscarriage. They did an ultrasound and we heard the baby's heartbeat. The doctor said that the baby's heartbeat was over a 100 but should have been around 150. The ultrasound also show that I was 6 weeks and 3 days instead of 7 weeks. So far the bleeding has stopped so I am praying the baby will be okay. Has anyone else had this problem?
Some ladies bleed after sex it might be that. I've had a little spotting after having sex couple of times and now I am at 34.5wks
Ty, I hope that is all it was. I have been told no sex till futher notice.
I'm sorry but ER doctors don't seem to know ANYTHING when it comes to pregnancy.  I'm sure your baby is fine. Bleeding after sex is VERY common. Plus you are not cramping or in pain so I think all is probably ok. As far as you measuring a few days behind it isn't too much of a big deal. I'm assuming your 7 weeks going by your last period? Sometimes the day of conception throws that off.  Honestly I would just take it easy, relax, refrain from sex for a while and stop worrying.  Easier said than done I know, but worrying will only make things worse. Good luck.
I think Baby Will Be Okay, Sometimes The People At The ER MaKe It Worse On You! Was It Heavy Bleeding OR Just SpOtting? Hope All Is Well!
Try not worry its worst thing you can do xxx
I wouldnt worry about it. With my first I bleed twice, once at 8 weeks and again at 11 weeks. Both happened after sex. And my son was born healthy and is now 7 months old. I didn't change anything either. I still had sex and I didn't "take it easy." I had an easy pregnancy the rest of the time. They term any bleeding that occurs as a threatened miscarriage. I think the term itself is what's scary. So I wouldn't worry about it! It's common to bleed after sex at the beginning of pregnant.