Pregnancy Community

Trouble Getting Pregnant again

I am the mother of a 3 year old and had a relatively easy pregnancy. Labor was a bit complicated and I was rushed in for an emergency C-Section. We found out that my daughter's blood type is B-. I am O+ and my husband is B+. They did a DNA and GENE test on my husband and found he gave my daughter negative alleles (his mother is B-). I was told that because my child was negative and that I am positive that getting pregnant a second time would be difficult unless I was getting RH Shots right from the beginning. We have been trying to get pregnant since October 2008 and no luck. Could the different blood types be causing this problem? Or could it be something else? I have an appointment with my OB/GYN in December but I was curious to see if I could get some kind of answer here.

Thank you!
I have absolutely no knowledge about this. I was always made to believe that if the mother's blood type was negative that she'd need Rhogam. And your blood type has no bearing on conception.