Trying to get *PREGO*

So im on my 4th cycle day, I should be off my period in maybe two days. If i were to have sex on the last day or when its compleatly over would that increase my chances of getting pregnant? Or do i really have to wait for my ovulation date, which is hard for me to predict. I havent bought the ovulation test packets yet. And if i were to get pregnant, can i loose weight while im prego?? I want to loose weight first and have a healthy pregnancy for me and the baby. But it just kinda suck's because i have been struggeling with weight my whole life. i have about 80 pounds to loose and so far ive just taken care of 5. so 75 pounds to loose.. Im so ready to start a family so I need to loose this weight!
Best Answer
Normally it's good to have sex every other day after your period is finished.  It just helps to ensure there is always a "healthy dose" of sperm in there waiting in case you ovulate.  In the right environment sperm can live up to 5 days.  The cervical mucus should be like an egg white consistency which indicates you are soon about to ovulate.  When you get this kind of discharge then you should have sex 2-3 times in a row.  I have longer cycles so it was hard for me to know exactly when I ovulate so after our first month of TTC I did go out and buy OPK's to help me know what my body was doing and signs to look for when I am about to ovulate.  Turns out I only ovulate around CD 17.  So the cycle I got pregnant we had sex every other night and when I got my OPK we had sex 2 times in row.  It seemed to work.  As far as being able to lose weight while you are pregnant may happen in the beginning but you will probably gain weight as the pregnancy goes on but you can always change the ways you are eating during pregnancy.  The healthier you eat the better no matter when it happens.  I would also say that if you are losing weight your ovulation and periods may be off because of the changes that are going on in your body so it might not be a bad idea to get OPK's to monitor it.  Good job on losing the 5lbs so far.  I weighed 125lbs back in high school and then went on the pill and gained 80 lbs.  I got back down to 135 lbs and it felt so great.  I wish you the best of luck TTC and with losing weight.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am unsure about Your ovulation. However it is possible to lose small amounts of weight during Your pregnancy with exercise and healthy eating which is good for the baby in the right amount but you would not want to be losing a large amount during this time as your baby needs all the nutrients he/she can get and you should be gaining a certain amount during your pregnancy
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community