Pregnancy Community

Vitamins

Hi! 21 wks today... I was wondering if I should take additional folic acid and vitamin b12. I am already taking my prenatals but the last ultrasound I had the Dr said he saw a very slight curvature in the lumbar spine that could either go away throughout the end of this pregnancy or get worse. Either way I'm being careful with my diet due to being a diabetic before pregnancy. I am going to ask the specialist at my next appt, but I heard someone say it would be good. Any advise?
You should wait til you talk to the doctor first. I think there's a max amount of vitmines you body can take in each day anyway. Meanwhile you can always start by eating more green veggie and fruit.
Definitely ask your doctor. It may be a waste of time and money. If you're taking more vitamins than you need you can end up with very expensive urine (meaning your body will just get rid of them) or kidney stones.
I take a daily vitamin and prenatals and my dr has not said to stop