Pregnancy Community

Waxing

Hello ladies? So my belly is ultra hairy would it be dangerous if I get it waxed ? I'm 14w 6 d pregnant now
People go back and forth on this type of question. Some are going to say it is OK and some are going to tell you no. The reason for no is not to cause undue stress, and your skin will change during pregnancy which means you could be more sensitive then normal and react badly to the wax, plus you don't want to burn yourself possibly risk infection.
No. But u wanna let ur doc know. K
lol i have no idea what the actually risks are, ive never looked into this but if your familiar with waxing and handle it well then im sure you would be fine...i know lots of mommas that keep up their waxing in other more sensitive areas and have no problem... personally i would do it too... but i agree always see what you Dr has to say in regards :) congrats! and good luck!
As a cosmetologist I wax many expecting moms in many sensitive areas. I asked my obgyn & she said its completely safe.
Thanks ladies I'm def gonna talk to my doc about it I haven't waxed bc I was afraid it might hurt the bby but my hormones are making me sooo hairy lol I'm not use to shaving so I'm dying to wax those "sensitive areas"
I actually have them thread it, instead of waxing. It is a bit awkward but I'm already there for my eyebrows and lip lol so she does my tummy too :-)  
^ wow great idea ! There is no hear I involved with threading too! Does it hurt much ??
Heat **
Your skin can be really sensitive to hot wax.  I wont wax while im pregnant just because i burned easily before and my skin is even more sensitive now.  But it depends on the person, you should just ask your dr next time you see them.