Pregnancy Community

Weight all together.

Who knows the approximate weight of like, the placenta, uterus, body fluid and what not. I'm just really concerned with weight gain, and I'm about to be in my third trimester and I know this is when all the weight will come! I was 160 pre pregnancy and I was 172 last week, and I still have 2/3 months of weight to be gained! Any advice?
You should Google it. I remember seeing a chart online.
The chart in my book says between baby, increased breast size, fluid, and placenta it adds up to about 11 lbs anything in addition to that is fat or water retention.
And that's estimating a 7.5-8 lbs baby.. Fluid is about a pound, up to a pound for the placenta, and about a pound for boobs
I have a pregnancy book that says this is where the weight goes...
baby 7-8 pounds
larger breast 1-2 pounds
larger uterus 2 pounds
placenta 1 1/2 pounds
amniotic fluid 2 pounds
increased blood volume 3-4 pounds
increased fluid volume 3-4 pounds
fat stores 6-8 pounds.
Ahh yes I forgot about blood volume
Ooh that's a good 30lbs! That's reassuring (: well I'm already halfway there, just got to keep it to a minimum these last three months! Thanks ladies.
The only thing is you are considered overweight to start you don't count the 6-8 lbs of fat stores because you shouldn't be gaining anything extra
Oh Lord! It seems like too much weight for me. I'm petite pre pregnancy weight was 125 which was a healthy weight fot my height. I'm on my first trimester and gain already  5 thre Dr. told me 5lbs on the 1st trimester was fine and she also told me that at the of of pregnancy I will be at least 165 lbs that will be my heaviest ever.
It should be in your doctors office. Ask for a book or pamphlet.