Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Weight gain...

I hate that this app says if you are gaining too much weight or not enough. I have always been self-conscious about my weight. I am short and have always been a little heavier than I should be and losing weight has never been easy for me. So being a little chunky before becoming pregnant has made it so Im not supposed to gain the typical amount of weight during pregnancy. I have been doing my best to eat right and excersize but I have still put on a little more weight than I should by now and Im only 26 weeks. My doctor says its okay cause its not much but this app says I have gained an "excessive" amount so far. It makes me feel pretty crappy about myself and being a female and pregnant makes me pretty moody as it is. I like being able to keep track of my weight but I dont like that this app tells you if its too much. Any ideas on how I can cope with the depressing weight gain?
1 Responses
This app just gives you the average weight gain for someone of your age. It doesn't take into account body type, like height, fat, muscle, etc, or whether you're gaining more weight in the beginning of the pregnancy and less later or vice versa. I'm 5'5" and before pregnancy was 125. At 37 weeks I now weigh 158. This app told me my weight gain was excessive too, but I've always been very healthy and in good shape. So don't even bother entering in your weight. You know yourself and you know what healthy feels like. Just do what makes you feel good and ignore the scale
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.