Pregnancy Community

Weight gain

Hey guys, it's my first pregnancy and I am freaked out about gaining weight. Like really. I have been crying uncontrollably almost every night now because i am so worried and scared about it. I told my husband tonight that i would rather die than get fat. Unfortunately I just found out that in the first 3 months and 1 week I have gained around 16 pounds! I am panicking. I don't think I have been eating more than normal and I try to eat healthy food. I certainly eat more healthy than i used too. I have been really struggling to exercise every day not because I don't want to, but because my depression makes it difficult for me. But maybe this is the scare I need to get moving.
As long as your doctor  isn't worried about weight gain you will be fine I'm 32 weeks and have only gained 5 lbs but that's because I lost 15 lbs in the 1st tri. As long as your eating healthy you will be ok
That is a lot of weight for first trimester try to just eat healthy and exercise because for your last trimester u will gain the most
Thanks. I know it is a lot of weight. I don't have a scales and that is something I apparently need. I wasn't really concerned because I didn't really look like i had gained weight. I will definitely try to eat more fruit and veggies and I think I will join a prenatal exercise class if I can. I do have a gym membership and I didn't even know it...! Hey I guess I will make use of it!
I am 30 weeks and have gained only 3 kilos and my midwife is expecting me to gain 10 kilos in my last 10 weeks im freaking out because i dont feel like i cam im a small girl and have a fast matabalisim and barely gan weight but need to for bub so im in the same boat really i just need to gain :(
Wow. I just really wish I was in your situation. But that would also be stressful. Maybe eat food that's high in healthy fat? Like nuts and avacados and olives. I don't know!! :) Good luck!
If you have clinical depression, you should talk to your counselor/therapist about your feelings regarding gaining weight and that you're struggling with over gains and you don't feel up to doing day to day activities like excersising. Medication usage can be pretty limited in pregnancy and there are some risks, but talk to your provider and maybe increase your sessions.