Pregnancy Community

Weight loss in first trimester

Hi Ladies,  I was wondering how many of you experienced weight loss in your first trimester. I know it can be fairly common if you have bad morning sickness, but I haven't thrown up once, and very rarely feel nauseus at all, so I know its not that. I'm actually hungry ALL of the time!  I feel like I'm always eating!  I'm not trying to lose weight, although I have been eating a little healthier than I used to, but I wouldn't say there's been a big difference in my diet.  I've lost over 7 lbs since I found out I was pregnant (I'm almost 12 weeks). I'm just wondering if this is something I should be worried about.  Should I try to increase the amount of calories that I'm eating?  Or should I just stick with what I'm doing?
*bump
i only threw up 3 times in my first trimester and lost 10 pounds my doctors weren't concerned..
I always loose weight in my first trimester. Nothing to be concerned about. You will gain it back and then some.
I've lost seven pounds in my first trimester and am now 15 weeks and only gained one back so far. It's very normal and nothing to be concerned about.
I didn't lose, but I didn't gain... at 29w I'm only at a grand total of 6 1/2lbs gained and my dr's aren't too worried about it.
Weight loss in early pregnancy is common.
I had lost about 60lbs from between the time after I had my daughter, till my daughter was 7 months old and I found out I was 12 weeks pregnant again. And I lost another 10lbs or so after that. [[I was also breastfeeding at the time ONTOP of being pregnant. Breastfeeding can make you lose alot of weight if you're exclusively breastfeeding and watching your calorie intake.]]
My doctor ended up putting my on prescription strength prenatal vitamins once I got over my 20th week cuz I had weaned my daughter from breastfeeding, and I was still losing weight and she was a little concerned.

I've had nausea ALOT this pregnancy, but I've never thrown up yet, so there really was no explanation as to why I was losing weight even after I stopped breastfeeding.
I eat healthy. I was taking vitamins.
It just happens.

I've gained a total of I think 18 lbs this pregnancy and I've only got 5 weeks left till my scheduled c-section, or sooner if I go into labor before then.
My doc's pleased with the weight gain and isn't concerned anymore.

Pregnancy isn't how alot of people tell you.
"You're eating for two." is a false statement.
You only need about 300 or so extra calories a day which can be as simple as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a handful of sun chips, when you're pregnant and some women really don't even bother with that, they just continue eating like they normally eat.
My diet hasn't changed at all personally.

You'll gain the weight when you gain the weight.
Unless your doc is concerned, I wouldn't worry about it.