Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Weight

The thing says my weight gain is excessive (T.T) how do I lose weight with out harming Finn(My baby boy)?
10 Responses
If you are concerned, discuss with your doctor.
The weight chart on here is total bs. Don't listen to it. If your doctor hasn't said anything about your weight gain, you needn't worry
11234298 tn?1417680147
Do not try to lose weight if your doctor has not said so !, speak with your dr about your weight. Do not listen to anyone but your doctor.
11292060 tn?1418862564
It says the same for me but if its really excessive and cause for concern your doctor would tell you and discuss ways to eat healthier but unless theyve said anything j would just ignore what the app says
Yep this app is off track with the weight thing. My doctor says I'm where she wants me to be but the app says it's excessive.  Definitely listen to your doctor instead.
This app told me I was underweight my whole last pregnancy my daughter was born weighing 7lbs 10.8oz. So unless your doc says something ignore the weight thing on here
11280340 tn?1416822220
as long as your measuring good then weight is irrelevant mine also says mine is excessive, maybe it is but I was small to begin with, if your really concerned talk to your dr if all else fails just do small exercises, such as walking, light weights, squats, small stretches.... eat healthy keep hydrated.... and lastly don't over do it, it's not good to over exert yourself,
I've gained 24 lbs in 28 weeks. I'm measuring on time and my dr is not concerned. :)
This app is a very basic guideline but fails to take into account that every pregnancy is different and some women need to gain more or less weight to maintain a healthy environment for your baby! Don't take it to heart some women have more blood or fluid or other circumstances that make them gain more that will all (or almost all) be flushed out shortly after baby comes! Just listen to your doctor
I don't go by the app. If I did I would have to starve myself. Lol
Like everyone else says ask your doctor.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.