Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

What are my chances for miscarriage? 8wks measuring 7

I had an u/s May 4 (8 wks past LMP).  Intrauterine embryo w/cardiac activity was detected, but radiologist said embryo appeared to be 7 weeks.  My doctor did check my uterus which has grown as expected.

Although my pregnancy symptoms have so far not been dramatic (tired; occasional, very mild nausea; constipation), in the last few days, I've been a bit less tired and haven't noted any nausea.  My breast are still heavy (and have enlarged a bit) and I notice I'm a bit larger around the abdomen.  

What do you think my chances are for a miscarriage?  I had a missed miscarriage last year (diagnosed at 12 weeks but stopped growing around 6-7 weeks).  I go in May 14 for another ultrasound, but am very concerned now.  I have no miscarriage symptoms, but I didn't last time either.
1 Responses
Thank you Dr. Downing, this is reassuring.  My doctor also said the heartbeat was good, but was concerned a bit about the dating (thus the follow-up u/s).

I will hope for the best.
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.