Pregnancy Community

What did you to go into labor

???
4 Oz of castor oil
Castor oil worked for me with my second child but I just took some last night n I haven't had anything happen so u never know but if you're comfortable trying it out go ahead
N make sure your are at least 37 weeks
I cleaned my whole house then danced for 20 mins. Castor oil worked BUT it made my contractions too strong and my placenta detached from my uterus, I've never seen so much blood. My baby was in distress and my contractions didnt have a break, it was the worst pain I've ever felt. Way worse than my 58 hour labor with my first baby. I had my baby 4 hours later. So yes, castor oil works but I would never do it again. Now if I have another baby I will be high risk pregnancy because my uterus is scarred, this is what my doctor told me. As soon as I came in and they assumed it was a placental abruption, their first question was if I took castor oil. So be careful, it isn't worth putting your baby at risk! Of course it is up to you. But try more natural ways first, the first lesson in patience your child will teach you is waiting for that sweet bundle to arrive.
Waiting, was about the only way for me, lol!  It can be rough at the end, but I wouldn't encourage forcing labor- it usually doesn't help much.  Some things that you can try that might encourage your body to get ready would be going for walks, sex, spicy foods, raspberry leaf tea, nipple stimulation.  

Hope you will be holding your little one in your arms soon!