A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.4k Members

What did you to go into labor

???
5 Responses
4 Oz of castor oil
Castor oil worked for me with my second child but I just took some last night n I haven't had anything happen so u never know but if you're comfortable trying it out go ahead
N make sure your are at least 37 weeks
I cleaned my whole house then danced for 20 mins. Castor oil worked BUT it made my contractions too strong and my placenta detached from my uterus, I've never seen so much blood. My baby was in distress and my contractions didnt have a break, it was the worst pain I've ever felt. Way worse than my 58 hour labor with my first baby. I had my baby 4 hours later. So yes, castor oil works but I would never do it again. Now if I have another baby I will be high risk pregnancy because my uterus is scarred, this is what my doctor told me. As soon as I came in and they assumed it was a placental abruption, their first question was if I took castor oil. So be careful, it isn't worth putting your baby at risk! Of course it is up to you. But try more natural ways first, the first lesson in patience your child will teach you is waiting for that sweet bundle to arrive.
5536886 tn?1455827346
Waiting, was about the only way for me, lol!  It can be rough at the end, but I wouldn't encourage forcing labor- it usually doesn't help much.  Some things that you can try that might encourage your body to get ready would be going for walks, sex, spicy foods, raspberry leaf tea, nipple stimulation.  

Hope you will be holding your little one in your arms soon!
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.