MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

What do it means when your progesterone is low

I am 6weeks 2days and my doctor couldn't find a heartbeat but they measurements of the baby was good and everything looked and then she called me and said I have to start taking progesterone 200mg because my progesterone is to low but now I'm worried about having a miscarriage because of my progesterone levels
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi Brineyw...first of, CONGRATS! ! I'm currently on Cyclogest 200mg for low progesterone, which I may add is one of the causes for my previous pregnancy ending in a miscarriage. I'm currently 6weeks1day and had my first ultrasound when I was 5weeks4days. Surprise I'm having twins and saw both babies' heartbeats. I have been on Cyclogest for over a week and there is some side affects as headaches, nausea(which is x2 for me with twins) and extreme tiredness. Dr has explained that it is a massive boost of hormones to help regulate the levels and save your pregnancy. Some days I have no energy to run around after my daughter of 15months or even do my daily chores. But as soon as I get that quick burst of energy I try to finish up all my things. Sorry for going of topic, but my advice. Definitely take the progesterone meds, take things day by day. Don't stress about a miscarriage, although it's very difficult. Good luck and a healthy 9months for you***
Helpful - 0
Take the progesterone, it won't hurt and could help.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community