Pregnancy Community

When to put the crib up

I'm 5 months pregnant when should I put the crib up... So excited.. I'm due aug 11
I just put up our baby's crib the other day...well I didn't, I supervised my fiance and his brother while they did it lol. I'm 35 weeks. you can put it up whenever you want to (if it were up to me, I would've had Charlotte's crib up months ago). If you do put it up early make sure you have something to cover the mattress so it doesn't dusty or anything (we have the mattress in a bag right now sitting in the crib). we also didn't put up any of the crib bedding or anything for the same reason and because we don't want the cat trying to pee on it or anything.August will be here sooner than you think :)
I am due July 30th and I already put mine up last week. Its getting warmer out. You want to do it in the next month or so.
It all depends.  I'm not going to put mine up until I feel the baby is almost ready for it.  She'll be sleeping in a bassinet until then in our room (so much easier for breast feeding lol).  Plus I remember putting it up for my son and about wanted to chop it up.  Never thought it would be that difficult lol.
Lol I guess I should add I'm 31wks and we're trying to find a bigger place to live so putting it up atm then tearing it down, then putting it back up would be a GIANT pain. Lol
I think I just want to put it up to make sure all the parts are there before its too late... Lol
Lol all new cribs come with a booklet with a parts list so you don't have to actually put it up to make sure every bolt and washer is there lol.