When to see a doctor?

Yesterday I confirmed a home pregnancy test so today I'm 4 weeks and 1 day. When should I go see a doctor ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Most ob's will bring you in for a first visit between 6-8 weeks
Helpful - 0
I waited till 8 weeks to call. My aappointment is next week. I'll be 9w 6d
Helpful - 0
I would just go if you have insurance it won't hurt to go&put your mind at ease you know
Helpful - 0
I would call your Dr and ask when they want to see you. I normally go in around 8 weeks but evey Dr has their own way of doing things.
Helpful - 0
Thank you ! But also back in September I had a miscarriage at 2 months due to stress (that was also my first pregnancy) and I'm just a little paranoid this time around so should I go sooner or wait it out ...
Helpful - 0
I went to my doctor the week after I found out because I had to wait a week before I could get an appointment. But I went to see the midwife when I was 11 weeks pregnant for the first time
Helpful - 0
10 weeks is perfect. It's a long wait but the doctors will probably suggest the same thing.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community