MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Where'd you have your baby shower?

My mother in law wants to have mine at a restaurant but idk about that cuz I don't want everyone having to pay for their own food when they're gonna be paying for gifts for us. I was thinking maybe at a nice park with a roof so the sun won't be shining on us since it will be summer.. what do yall think? Where'd you have yours?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My first one  was in a shelter house at a local park. Second one at our church's fellowship hall. And this time I have a friend planning one at a local mason lodge. I always left location up to whoever was planning the shower :-)
Helpful - 0
My mom rented a conference room at a hotel
Helpful - 0
My mother in law is having my baby shower at a restaurant because if parking ***** in a trailer park
Helpful - 0
Thank you ladies! I guess ill be having it at a park!
Helpful - 0
My mom is renting a hall for it. I was going to do outside but mine is in the spring and it rains a good bit here in the spring.
Helpful - 0
I'm having mine this Sunday at my house.  I live with my parents and fiance.  I figured it would be cheaper and easier.  We're having a buffet style dinner and drinks.  A Park is a good idea though! I like the fact that I'll be in the comforts of my own home!
Helpful - 0
I had mine at our library in their meeting room.
Helpful - 0
I'm having mine at my house since we'll be having it on the 17th of this month and it's still cold. I would suggest you to have it at the park since it'll be warm.
Helpful - 0
We had mine at my mother in laws. The one for my side will be at my dads.
Helpful - 0
I rented a hall( had it for my dh 1st time dad at 50) knights of columbus, we all made food, it was wonderful!
Helpful - 0
If u do it at a restaurant some have private renting rooms .. ive been to baby showers like that. The host rents and pays for everyones meals they just have to buy thier drinks. U can decorate how u pls and bring music and your games. Wanted mines in a hall but its looking like itll be at my house. Either way itll be fun.
Helpful - 0
I had mine at Tim Hortons. Lol, my mom is a manager there. It went pretty well, actually. && I think having it at the park is a nice and better idea. You can be more creative with decorating and people won't have to pay for their food. (:
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community