Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

Why have my periods become so light??

My whole life I have had EXTREMELY heavy periods. They lasted 7 to 10 days, lots of clotting and for the heaviest 3 to 4 days in the middle, even the super plus tampons wouldn't always hold up. Over the last year however, my periods seem to be getting lighter and lighter. They are more spotty, almost no clotting and they only last like 4-5 days. Sometimes I'll get light spotting and then nothing for a few days and then a light 4-5 day period with only one heavier day (but still nowhere near as heavy as my old "heavy" days).

Anyway, I'm 28 and the only thing I can think of that may have caused this is that I did have cryosurgery on my cervix about a year and a half ago to remove some abnormal cells. Could this have triggered the change in my menstrual cycle? Could there be some other underlying cause... something to be concerned about?

My big worry is that the lighter periods or whatever is causing them could also have an effect on my fertility. I just got married this year and we are going to start trying to conceive soon. Should I be concerned?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.