Working out while pregnant

So before I found out I was pregnant I was in the process of losing weight and exercising daily. I had just finished one program and had started turbo fire and I'm wondering if it's safe to still do? Doctor won't see me until I'm 10 weeks so I can't ask for advice from them until then. Thanks in advance!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was severely overweight. My old doctor had me on medicine for two years and never told me that was why I was gaining weight. Anyways I had finally lost what i gained while on the medicine, but I was a little chubby when I started so I still have some more to go. I want to be healthy for me and my baby. Good luck with your pregnancy too!  Like you said if you stay fit during your pregnancy it will make it easier getting back on track after the baby gets here.
Helpful - 0
Well I hope you feel better! Hopefully it'll go away soon. And yeah I'm overweight as well and I lost about 20 pounds and then got pregnant. I haven't lost any weight but I haven't gained any either so we will see what happens :) Good luck with everything!
Helpful - 0
Well I'm a good bit overweight, so I was told I only need to gain between ten and twenty pounds. I had lost a lot before getting pregnant and don't want to ruin the work I did by being lazy through the pregnancy. But I've been so sick I've lost ten pounds since getting pregnant.

Enjoy not getting sick :) some people get lucky and don't really deal with it. So that just means you get to enjoy being pregnant better lol. It's been a roller coaster for me.
Helpful - 0
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I surprisingly haven't gotten sick yet. There have been a few times where I've felt sick but it goes away fast. I haven't worked out either in probably about 2 weeks as well cause I've just had no motivation at all. But I know it's recommended to work out cause I heard it makes giving birth easier and then hopefully I'll be able to get back into a good routine after the baby is born.
Helpful - 0
I feel so lazy... I haven't been able to work out for about two weeks now. I've been having bad nausea and morning sickness. Hopefully I'll be able to join you soon in working out again :)
Helpful - 0
Okay thank you ladies! I'm going to work out right now! Lol I had just finished T25, and I had done Insanity before that one. I'm also 7 weeks, 8 weeks tomorrow :)
Helpful - 0
I'm in the same boat as you. I was trying to lose weight and was doing the insanity program. I have not seen a doctor yet (only seven weeks along) but I have talked to a nurse about it. She had no problem with me working out and even encouraged it. However she said any thing contact (may hit your stomach) is a no go. Also jumping and jarring motions are apparently bad. If at any point in a work out you don't feel good lower the intensity or stop. Just don't overdo it.
Helpful - 0
It's good to work out while pregnant but don't overwork yourself. Don't get terribly outnof breath and drink water before during and after working out. May have to just tone the exercises down a notch. But then again women be running half marathons 5 months prego. So. Idk.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community