Pregnancy Community

air purifier?

My bf woke up so anxious about the air quality in my apt. As am I. My damn dog pees everywhere the people that used to live here smoked 3 packs a day it seems and I'm damn sure there's mold in the vents. Also my male cat that is fixed still has that ammonia smell in his pee. is there any type you recommend?
Start by getting an air purifier. I got one at walmart for 89$ i think it was and i can move in around from room to room since its small enough but it really helps! If u have carpet get a carpet cleaner and clean it twice or three times even! You got to train ur dog not to pee inside, definately not good for the baby but you can go to canadian tire (damn not sure what it would be in the states lol a hardware store) and get the professional floor cleaner and clean ur dog pee with that. Was all ur walls and windows a couple of times with hard cleaner. For the cat i hear that depending on tge food there pee and poo will smell stronger. Maybe try a different kind of more natural food and u can also get some baking soda to put on the bottom and top of his litter. Litter box cleaned everyday and sprinkle baking soda on top on a daily basis. Ill do it three to five times a day lol for the mold i think ull need to advise ur landlord. By all means they should do something about it because mold is definately not safe for health. Thats all i can think of :( but if u can get the smell of cigarettes out itll be a big step!
Thank you! I appreciate your help. I've gotten a rug Dr and done the carpets numerous times and the song is just relentless. Some little dogs just won't stop it seems :/ I take her out 4 times a day and she still goes on the floor
They make wall paint with baking soda in it. Which will cover the smoke smell I would think.
This complex is over 20yrs old and they refuse to update anything. Seriously it's falling apart and the maintenance people either don't know what they're doing or are told to not fix anything. Every time we ask we have to wait a few days for them to come and it ends up still being broken. Including our air conditioner.
Did u try doing those pee matts? Teach her to go on her little pee matt. You just got to switch it a couple times a day. Maybe little dogs have such a small bladder they cant hold it.
Try getting wee pads for your dog....small dog, small bladder. You may want to take her out more often as well. I take my crew out every three to four hours if possible.