Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

allergy medicine

Can i take any type of non drowsy allergy medicine.  I took a 24 hr non drowsy generic brand of allegra before i was pregnant? Can i still take it? I really am having a tough time with allergies without any medicine.
4 Responses
3062924 tn?1350414109
I know how you feel. I'm scarier to take my otc allergy medication but at the same time I'm suffering :( this *****
1972798 tn?1355549267
You can take over the counter claritin for allergies. I am pretty certain its a non drowsy or comes non drowsy but my dr has said its fine. Its always best to check with your dr also just so they are aware.
3138931 tn?1350940318
Claratin, benadryl....
U can use essential oils, lemon, lavender and peppermint. U can take 3drops of each in a capsil twice a day for 3 days and should really help calm ur allergies dow for the whole season. I use oils my whole pregnancy and im 19w4d. There r a few u need to avoid like alot of ginger (very small amount is ok once in a while) and clary sage (its ok at the very end to help with the birthing). With allergies if u dont want to take them in capsil u can rub a couple drops of the 3 on ur chest as u feel the allergies acting up. Hope this helps and good luck
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.