Pregnancy Community

anxiety meds?

I was on medicine for anxiety/depression before I got pregnant and obviously stopped taking them but now I'm starting to feel like I need to take something again. My anxiety is getting bad. Doctor today said to go see my psychiatrist and she can prescribe me something that is safe during pregnancy. He said maybe zoloft? Any other mommies on meds like this? What are you taking?
I was on prozac when I found out I was pregnant. I weaned off it and have now been off of it for almost 8 months now. I understand how you feel. Its hard. My anxiety came back, which I never thought it would like it did. I stuck to no pharmaceuticals and just dealt with the anxiety, which eventually tapered off. It was so difficult for me to do but sitting here now I am so glad I did. Ive never liked being on drugs but was too scared to see what life without prozac would be like. So I basically had to re-adjust to life, and it was messy at first, but it really does get better!
Bump! I really need some more input
I was on anxiety and depression meds when I found out I was pregnant. I was on Zoloft for depression and attarax for anxiety. I quit them cold turkey but I was told by the doc they were still safe to take during pregnancy. I didn't go back on them because I didn't want to be taking anything like that while being pregnant and I still suffer with anxiety and depression but I just cope with it. It is safe to take airing pregnancy if recommended though.
Airing?
Airing?
Oh during lol blonde moment. So both zoloft and attarax are safe?
I've heard even though some doctors promote zoo ft it can cause allot of compications. Apnea at birth is one of them. A guest at a nicu was talking about it the one day.
Zoloft* I know my midwife offered it with my first. Didn't take it though.
I know that anxiety is all in your head mommy. You really don't need pills it doesn't cure the situation it just calms you down but not cure it. Change that mentality I know you might say yeah w.e or ignore my comment but that's how you need to start by blocking it off your head. Your brain is powerful and you control your own body good luck:)
Someone without anxiety and depression would def say it's all in your head! That's bull****!! I have suffered from these for about 6 years now. And I'm only 24. I was on Zoloft and xanax but quit cold turkey when I got pregnant.  My doctor was very worried and didn't think I should stop so she gave me a script for the Zoloft just in case I couldn't handle it. But I havnt taken it bc I researched and didn't like the results! I'm now 38 weeks and 3 days. And can't wait to start my meds again. It has been a longggggg pregnancy and at times I would lock myself up for days without eating or talking. And honestly I feel like the meds would have been safer then going through that. But I also have terrible ocd so I couldn't get myself to take them. My best friend is also the same way but she takes them. She's 32 weeks and her baby is doing great.  So idk. I guess it's a test of your will power! Good luck hun!
I don't think u should do that I was on  Zoloft and Prozac and sleeping meds like ambiam colonidine and I had insomnia and depression and horrible anxiety but after I got pregnant I haven't need ed any medicine its something n the baby that keeps u calm.... And u have to b careful with All those medicines with your baby they tell you its OK but its not and b careful giving the Tylenol because it can cause ADHD look up those perscription s but goodluck
Its the drug that hooks you. Doctors don't complain because that's how they make there money.I know few people that suffered and were able to cure it without anything. See your already thinking about can't wait to get on my meds that's already negatively . I'm sure there's naturally ways to overcome instead of meds. But I'm not here to fight just share some thought. Goodluck