A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
916384 tn?1266834515

any help??

i did 2 pregnancy tests which both came back positive but i have had no sympoms at all. i havent felt or been sick,, been tired, or swollen boobs all ive had is moodiness.. am i definately pregnant?
7 Responses
1527510 tn?1392301344
Symptoms mean nothing when determining pregnancy or not. Some women get them, other don't. Some women get them for a while, some get them throughout their entire pregnancy. If you've had 2 positive tests, the congrats because you are pregnant. Don't worry about symptoms, I'm sure at some point you'll have some sign that you're pregnant. Just be thankful you're pregnant at all, and not ill because of it.
1428239 tn?1333457053
You should have a blood test to confirm it and they will do other blood tests as well....

It is perfectly normal to not have symptoms in the beginning.  i did not have symptoms until almost 9 weeks...  If it is positive on the stick then you are most likely pregnant.
You can get moody when you are pregnant so if the test say your are pregnant then you are. Go to a doctor to confirm it and get your prenatal vitamins.
yes definatly have bloods done i had a positive test on monday (clear blue digital) but my blood came back negative which i was told was 8 but clear blue said they class that as positive and so does my friends mom who is a nurse but the hospital have told me im not pregnant. i thought you couldnt get a false negative pregnancy test especially clear blue so im still confused wether or not im pregnant as im having a period but have heard u can still have them while your pregnant. if you get sent for a scan ask for internal as i had ultrasound and it showed nothing but she said that could be due to i was only around 4 weeks pregnant.
1527510 tn?1392301344
Blue dye tests are well known for giving false positives, but since you used a digital...you can't really deny that it would have said 'pregnant'. For hcg levels, anything over 5 usually means you are pregnant....so I don't know why the hospital would say it's negative, surely they would know that??
Try retesting with a pink dye test (First Response are the best) in a few days, with first morning urine, and see what that says, or go and get a repeat blood test done, maybe somewhere else if that's possible.

As for your period, no you don't get a period while pregnant. Some women experience spotting or light bleeding during early pregnancy which they can mistake for a period, but it's just vaginal bleeding - not a period. Is the bleeding (period) the same as it would be during a normal period for you? Was it early or late?
1527510 tn?1392301344
Blue dye tests are well known for giving false positives, but since you used a digital...you can't really deny that it would have said 'pregnant'. For hcg levels, anything over 5 usually means you are pregnant....so I don't know why the hospital would say it's negative, surely they would know that??
Try retesting with a pink dye test (First Response are the best) in a few days, with first morning urine, and see what that says, or go and get a repeat blood test done, maybe somewhere else if that's possible.

As for your period, no you don't get a period while pregnant. Some women experience spotting or light bleeding during early pregnancy which they can mistake for a period, but it's just vaginal bleeding - not a period. Is the bleeding (period) the same as it would be during a normal period for you? Was it early or late?
Yeah its like a normal period but i only did a test as i was three days late. Im going to do another test in a few days and see what the result from that is. thankyou for your advice.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.