are my a bad mum

hi I'm due in March and before I was even preganant I said I wouldn't breast feed I really don't like the thought of it my mother didn't breast feed me either and I turned out ok, the thing is I was talking to a women in work and she asked me if I was going to breast feed I said no and she had a massive go at me saying that I'm going to be a bad mother and that my baby won't be healthy,

Are my really going to be a bad mother for not breast feeding ??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
U do what u want. And tell her to mind her own buainess. Of course breastfeeding is healthy for the baby and even for yourself but that's your choice
Helpful - 0
Your not a bad mum. We all chose to feed our babys in a different way. I am a breast milk advocate and i am 100% for breast feeding and i would like to suggest that you look into expressing and feeding you'r baby via bottle your breast milk  if that makes you more comfy. Breast milk is the best think for our little ones but formula is also a great option for those who need it. Either way us mums should support each other in our feeding choices not fight about them.
Helpful - 0
No sweetie! Dont let people fill your head with their opinions,  and put you down for having your own opinions.
I myself do not like breastfeeding.  I have gave it a try with all my babies.  But if you dont like it, thats your choice.  Im sure you'll be a great mommy! :)

Helpful - 0
Absolutely not. A lot of mothers want to breastfeed and that's totally okay but if it makes you uncomfortable don't feel like you have to do it to be a "good mom" and that's okay too. People will judge you no matter what. They'll judge you for doing things your way and they'll judge you for doing things other peoples way. I say do what you want and if you're doing your best you'll be a great mom. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Helpful - 0
OhmGe, nooo !! everyones different.. its really womens choice if they want too or not. you have tha option of breastfeeding. and if you don't it doesnt make you a bad mom, bad moms is someone who doesn't watch thier kids or doesn't fed them, or play with them stuff like that.
dont let that chick get to you. im gona breastfeed but thats my decision
Helpful - 0
No you are not! Do not let anyone tell you that you are a bad mother for choosing formula over breastmilk. This is your decision as a mother. Please do not let anyone guilt trip you into doing something you don't want to do including your doctor
Helpful - 0
Raising your baby is all about your choices & preferences. My mom didn't breastfeed me or my two sisters. She was just very uncomfortable with it so we were all formula fed. Breastfeeding doesn't determine if you're a good mom or not. Don't worry hun(:
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community