Pregnancy Community

army wives

is there anyone else out there who is the wife of a soldier?  im married to a britsih soldier and living in germany trying to get pregnant(hopefully i am this month) and dealing with all the **** that comes with army life.  anyone else in my situtation who can understand?  
My hubby is in the Canadian Forces. He is in the Air Force. We have just been posted to a new province and the rules here stink. I am not allowed to work here as they have put all teachers who are preg on peventative H1N1 leave. So that blows all my changes to meet new ppl and start my own social life. I have joined prenanta swimming and have met one really nice friend that way and now I have 2 freinds here - both who are not affiliated to the military. This is a high deployement unit now that hubby is working at and he is leaving for Germany in a few weeks for a month +  - but we dont know details exactly. The we have word that he is headed to Afghanistan for Dec-Jan. First tour and its over xmas which makes me hurt. We will manage. His boss has assured him and the other 6 guys with preg wives that he works with that they will ALL be at the births of their children...which is what matters most to me. What **** are you dealing with? I know things can be tough but you need to stay strong and relaxed and baby will happen in no time :)
Oh yeah...I live with the **** you deal with everyday!!! My husband is in the US Army, we're currently stationed in S Korea. We've actually just started TTC (trying to conceive) again as of yesterday. Good luck, I hope it's your month!!!
i am a strong person.  this is my second marriage to a soldier.  glutton for punishment.  lol.  just looking for people to talk to and what not who can understand what its all about.  people who have no affilition with the army really dont get it. they can sympatise but until youre in teh situation you can never truly understand.  and i actually am from canada.  medicine hat alberta.  totally missing home.  had it started to cool off there yet?
i think it would be very cool to be posted somewhere like korea.  germany is pretty nice but ie already lived here for 5 years and would love to go somewhere warm like belize or cyprus.
Korea's not that warm...it is during the summer, but it's so humid!!! You don't even want to go outside for five minutes. It's starting to cool off here now, thankfully. In a couple months it should snow, yay...NOT!!! I can't really go anywhere when it snows, like to the park...I have an almost fifteen month old son, and it's way too cold to take him out to play, so we'll be stuck in our apartment. We don't have a car, so I can't drive anywhere, and Koreans are CRAZY drivers, so I'm almost too afraid to take a taxi anywhere, unless I really need to, like for groceries. I'd love to visit Germany, a few friends of mine, who are in the army too, just left there.
I'm not an Army wife, but I am a Marine wife...he is in the Reserves and I'm very thankful to say he is home right now. Although we did just get word they are looking for someone to fill rank for the next mobilization...Soooo just praying really hard he gets to stay at home with our son and our daughter who is due in Feb....