MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
I was told at 19weeks I shouldn't take a bath anymore.. but I just want to relax an lay down in a warm bath not stand up.. I think its stupid that someone told me that but first time pregnancy so idk...
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yeah ive heard thst uti an risk of infection.  But didnt know to use the restroom after
Helpful - 0
Another concern is getting a uti or other vaginal infection because of bacteria. To cut down on your risk youre just supposed to pee before and after you get out of the tub. (Thats what I got told anyways)
Helpful - 0
Oh I know no hot baths. I wanted to take a cool bath because i have a headache an water is not the issue, I don't take any medicine during pregnancy even if it's okay with my doctor im to paranoid haha.. so I was going to try a cool bath.
Helpful - 0
Baths are fine just don't make it hot. You don't want to raise your body temp over 101
Helpful - 0
Just don't make the water steaming hot.  Baby is well protected
Helpful - 0
You can take a bath just make sure the water temp is not to hot or it can harm the baby. Water can't get in there because of the mucos plug.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community