MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

belly after birth

So I know that after birth ypu still look like you're pregnant for a while. Does it go back to normal on its own? Do I have to work out? Will I get strech marks since it will be all saggy even if I hadn't had any during the pregnancy? How long after will my tummy go back to normal?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'll be investing in a belly bandit! I've read reviews on them even before I got pregnant and will definitely be getting one just because I am afraid my body won't snap back. Lol
Helpful - 0
After my first, my belly was gone immediately. After my second, I still had a little belly. Most of it is your uterus that has to shrink back down. Breastfeeding really helped my uterus shrink down quickly. Water weight will go away quickly. Any fat will have to be worked off. I never got stretch marks or saggy skin. I did a lot if walking after and was back to prepregnancy weight within 6 weeks.
Helpful - 0
It mostly depends on how big you do get, I gained a whole lot of weight withmy two. But I wasn't advised to get the "girdle" or wraps. Now withthis third I am planning to invest in the "it works" wraps and a "belly bandit". I've heard that the stretch marks are hereditary, but you can minimize it by keeping hydrated and some lotion. Don't stress too much over it. ;)
Helpful - 0
There are these wraps by a company called "it works" do a couple of those and it will shrink up saggy skin. Im small and had a hard time loosing weight after my first and no trouble with the next two.  Its really a 50/50.
Helpful - 0
I just got shrinxhips belt.it's should help to get ur hips back to normal after baby.
Helpful - 0
Women usually snap back (Close) to their pregnancy weight within the 6 weeks.  That doesn't mean your belly will be as flat As before because you will have to work at that. & after your fIrst your body takes on a different shape for a while. You'll probably feel that your a lot wider then you were prior to being pregnant no matter how much baby weight u lose & chances are u will be, because while your pregnant your hips spread out to accommodate baby. Sometimes it you go back to normal & other times not. Like I said, just got to work at it.  Good luck & don't worry yourself to much.  :)
Helpful - 0
I didn't look pregnant after I had my son... As soon as I got out of recovery from my csection I looked at my stomach and it was just like jello but super flat.. I wore a girdle for 6-8 weeks and was back to normal if not smaller then pre pregnancy size..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community