Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close
6295353 tn?1395241495

belly after birth

So I know that after birth ypu still look like you're pregnant for a while. Does it go back to normal on its own? Do I have to work out? Will I get strech marks since it will be all saggy even if I hadn't had any during the pregnancy? How long after will my tummy go back to normal?
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
6903444 tn?1385943346
I'll be investing in a belly bandit! I've read reviews on them even before I got pregnant and will definitely be getting one just because I am afraid my body won't snap back. Lol
Helpful - 0
After my first, my belly was gone immediately. After my second, I still had a little belly. Most of it is your uterus that has to shrink back down. Breastfeeding really helped my uterus shrink down quickly. Water weight will go away quickly. Any fat will have to be worked off. I never got stretch marks or saggy skin. I did a lot if walking after and was back to prepregnancy weight within 6 weeks.
Helpful - 0
7128540 tn?1399083912
It mostly depends on how big you do get, I gained a whole lot of weight withmy two. But I wasn't advised to get the "girdle" or wraps. Now withthis third I am planning to invest in the "it works" wraps and a "belly bandit". I've heard that the stretch marks are hereditary, but you can minimize it by keeping hydrated and some lotion. Don't stress too much over it. ;)
Helpful - 0
5945259 tn?1392136777
There are these wraps by a company called "it works" do a couple of those and it will shrink up saggy skin. Im small and had a hard time loosing weight after my first and no trouble with the next two.  Its really a 50/50.
Helpful - 0
I just got shrinxhips belt.it's should help to get ur hips back to normal after baby.
Helpful - 0
6725113 tn?1392847526
Women usually snap back (Close) to their pregnancy weight within the 6 weeks.  That doesn't mean your belly will be as flat As before because you will have to work at that. & after your fIrst your body takes on a different shape for a while. You'll probably feel that your a lot wider then you were prior to being pregnant no matter how much baby weight u lose & chances are u will be, because while your pregnant your hips spread out to accommodate baby. Sometimes it you go back to normal & other times not. Like I said, just got to work at it.  Good luck & don't worry yourself to much.  :)
Helpful - 0
5913031 tn?1382391190
I didn't look pregnant after I had my son... As soon as I got out of recovery from my csection I looked at my stomach and it was just like jello but super flat.. I wore a girdle for 6-8 weeks and was back to normal if not smaller then pre pregnancy size..
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.