birth control

Hey what kind of birth control are you considering after birth??? Has anyone ever been on the depo shot? How did your body react? My friend has done the depo shot two different times and each time she has gained alot of weight with it, anyone else experience weight gain? I would like to do the depo shot bc I know I cant remember to always take the pill but I already have a hard time losing weight any advice???
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I was on depo and I hated it I didn't gain weight but It made my period stay on for a whole month
Helpful - 0
Ive heard good and bad about mirena. My friends mom had it and had to get it surgically removed. But everyones body is different so we all wont like the same things. I do like the pill because it doesnt have as much side effects as the depo but its hard to remember to take it every day around the same time.
Helpful - 0
After my 1st child I was on the depo shot for a little over a year & I actually got pregnant with my 2nd child on it, it caused me to have several problems during my pregnancy. After that I got the mirena & loved I but a little over a year it can out on its own, my dr said my body rejected it.
Helpful - 0
I was on it after my daugther. It does have its ups and downs.
Helpful - 0
Don't get on depo. It will screw up your body for the rest of your life. Its gonna make you gain all kinds of weight that you won't want
Helpful - 0
I had the depo shot and I hated it. It took me almost 2 years being off of it to get pregnant. I had bad mood swings and I gained 50 pounds on it. I lost my sex drive and didn't want my hubby to touch me while I was on it.
Helpful - 0
I think ill get back on the depo
Helpful - 0
I think I may get my tubes tied.. That's my form of birth control..
Helpful - 0
Depo made me gain weight also...butbi want aomething more effecive then the pill...thinking abiut the patch...def dont want to get pregnant for a whike after he comes.
Helpful - 0
I didnt use any of that. I just simply tracked when I was fertile.
Helpful - 0
after i had my first i tried the pill, but that made me bleed nonstop, so i started the depo shot and i LOVED it! i stopped taking the shot to try for a second and about 8 months later we found out i was pregnant again, after my second i got on the depo shot again and yet again i LOVED it! except after a few months of not having periods (which is what the depo shot does) i started freaking out thinking i was pregnant every month!! So i switched to the patch and i liked the patch even more because i still got to have my period but i also got to choose when i had my period! i quit using the patch last July and conceived in November. After this baby i plan on going back to the patch
Helpful - 0
I had the mirena after my second son. Had it for about 4 years and definitely want it after this baby. Never had any problems with it. I went on the depo and ended up having an ectopic pregnancy and i did gain alittle bit of weight..but ive heard of some people losing weight as well
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community