Pregnancy Community

birth control

Hey what kind of birth control are you considering after birth??? Has anyone ever been on the depo shot? How did your body react? My friend has done the depo shot two different times and each time she has gained alot of weight with it, anyone else experience weight gain? I would like to do the depo shot bc I know I cant remember to always take the pill but I already have a hard time losing weight any advice???
I had the mirena after my second son. Had it for about 4 years and definitely want it after this baby. Never had any problems with it. I went on the depo and ended up having an ectopic pregnancy and i did gain alittle bit of weight..but ive heard of some people losing weight as well
after i had my first i tried the pill, but that made me bleed nonstop, so i started the depo shot and i LOVED it! i stopped taking the shot to try for a second and about 8 months later we found out i was pregnant again, after my second i got on the depo shot again and yet again i LOVED it! except after a few months of not having periods (which is what the depo shot does) i started freaking out thinking i was pregnant every month!! So i switched to the patch and i liked the patch even more because i still got to have my period but i also got to choose when i had my period! i quit using the patch last July and conceived in November. After this baby i plan on going back to the patch
I didnt use any of that. I just simply tracked when I was fertile.
Depo made me gain weight also...butbi want aomething more effecive then the pill...thinking abiut the patch...def dont want to get pregnant for a whike after he comes.
I think I may get my tubes tied.. That's my form of birth control..
I think ill get back on the depo