Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

birth control

I've never used birth control because I don't want my hormones messed up, and I've heard it making people bleed heavier and longer so I never wanted to do that. But now I'm about to have my second child, and I don't want anymore. Tubal is out of the question because the Dr won't do it at 23 yrs old. Sooooo I need some birth control options that are safe and lasts a while. Any good ones?
15 Responses
6710217 tn?1386114492
Bump
7381226 tn?1394935119
Where do you live? I'm in tx & my dr will do tubals at 23
Im getting an iud after my baby. Its the safest and most effective and its reversable. Dont get a tubal just because you dont want another baby right now. Iud will last 3-5 years and they can take it out if you decide to have another child later on in life
7552771 tn?1469933249
The pill actually can shorten and lighten your period. Have you asked your bf/husband to get clipped there are less complications and its cheaper.
I'm in TX. Both my doctors said 25 and up. But I'm still scared of that too. Just want the safest thing.
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.