Pregnancy Community

blood sugar

I am 5 months pregnant and I was feeling weird and tired so I had my dad check my blood sugar and it was 211. What should I do? Is this common?
That number is high, but it could just be isolated if you ate something really sugary, among other factors.  If you are concerned, I would start checking it regularly and talk to your doctor about it at your next appointment.  I have gestational diabetes, but wasn't diagnosed until I was 28 weeks, so if it was high before that I didn't know it.  Anyway, my doctor said my blood sugar should be below 95 when I first wake up in the morning, and below 120 two hours after a meal.  If yours is consistently higher than that, then I would definately have a talk with your doctor about it.  Hope that helps.