Pregnancy Community

breastfeeding and pregnancy

This is a totally different question than I posted before. Hopefully it's the last random question that my brain can come up with. LOL. I have a 5 month old who is exclusively breastfed. He goes all night without eating though. My OB told me that the only way you are considered 'infertile' when breastfeeding is for the first 6 months every 4 hrs. around the clock, and then it still is not a reliable method. Anyways, I had a light period when I was 6 weeks postpartum. Which was in August, and then I had a full period around the same time in September...but I completely missed my period for October. I should have started around the 20th, I experienced some symptoms, such as; cramping, bloating, fatigue, headaches, mood swings...and extra sore nipples (which I don't think I've ever had before) I have never missed a period like that before, they always came like clock work. Is that normal after having a baby, to just miss random periods? Also, is it normal to still experience the symptoms? The cramping was  so bad that every time I went to the bathroom I just KNEW I started my period. Also, I took a test a few days ago and it was negative...but I took it at night. and I have been extra thirsty these past few days. I plan on retaking a test on Friday.
Well it is possible, those are all signs of pregnancy and from what it sounds like you are not using any form of birth control... and even if you were feeding every 4 hours nursing is not very reliable... so yes i would retake a preg test with your morning urine... good luck :)