Pregnancy Community

breastfeeding and tramadol

I'm 11 days postpartum and fr pain relief my Dr gave me tramadol witg knowing I am in fact breastfeeding. I just read the label and it says in all caps not to breastfeed and take this medicine.
why would she prescribe this to me?? will this affect my baby because I have been taking it once every day. in a 1 - 2 pill dose.
bumo
I wouldn't take it!! I would just ask for something else cause its an opiate and you or the baby could become opiate dependent!!
I wouldn't take those meds.. Doctors often don't pay attention or will just give you whatever to make the pain stop without considering all factors. Try talking to him again about that med.