Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

c-section question

So I called the hospital and it was taking way to long but I have a c-section tomorrow and I'm wondering can I drink water before?
17 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
11183374 tn?1416514458
Don't eat or drink anything 8-12 hours prior to your c section.
Helpful - 0
Okay thank!
Helpful - 0
Check work your doctor to be sure these things vary slightly. And im to not be able to drink prior it's stupid bc after 8 hrs+ not driking your body will already be dehydrating. I can drink water up till I have my repeat cesarean. Just no food 8 hrs before.
Helpful - 0
11183374 tn?1416514458
I was just going off of what my mom had to do with my baby brother. It def varies but she couldn't eat or drink anything 8-12 hrs prior
Helpful - 0
Okay yeah I'm going to be so thirsty if I can't drink BC my c-section is not until 2 tomorrow
Helpful - 0
I'm following your post because I'll be having a scheduled c section as well!
Helpful - 0
And your so lucky! Lol I can't wait for my time!
Helpful - 0
I'll post on how it goes :)
Helpful - 0
I'll be looking for if! I bet it'll go perfectly fine ;)
Helpful - 0
Thanks I hope so I'm trying to stay calm lol
Helpful - 0
Oh yea I didn't mean you were wrong :-) just that done hospitals vary and she'd be best to ask her doctor to be sure what she can do :-)
Helpful - 0
Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helpful - 0
Yeah, best to ask. Mine is 1pm Friday and they said nothing to eat or drink from 7am. It was the same with my son, 2pm csection nothing after 8am. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
OK I'll go with that but I'll try to call again I'll just drink two bottles of water at 8 I can't imagine not being able to drink anything.
Helpful - 0
I can't imagine not eating /: lol that's torture, but it has to be done!. Just eat a very nice fulfilling dinner :)
Helpful - 0
I'm having my c section tomorrow too I was told no food or drink after 12 and to eat light today....but I'm having my c section at 8 am
Helpful - 0
Lucky I wish mine was early I ate a lot of pizza lol good luck tomorrow ☺ and then my 22 bday is the 25th so I'll be in the hospital, but that's okay its so worth it!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community

Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327194124
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.