c-section question

So I called the hospital and it was taking way to long but I have a c-section tomorrow and I'm wondering can I drink water before?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Don't eat or drink anything 8-12 hours prior to your c section.
Helpful - 0
Okay thank!
Helpful - 0
Check work your doctor to be sure these things vary slightly. And im to not be able to drink prior it's stupid bc after 8 hrs+ not driking your body will already be dehydrating. I can drink water up till I have my repeat cesarean. Just no food 8 hrs before.
Helpful - 0
I was just going off of what my mom had to do with my baby brother. It def varies but she couldn't eat or drink anything 8-12 hrs prior
Helpful - 0
Okay yeah I'm going to be so thirsty if I can't drink BC my c-section is not until 2 tomorrow
Helpful - 0
I'm following your post because I'll be having a scheduled c section as well!
Helpful - 0
And your so lucky! Lol I can't wait for my time!
Helpful - 0
I'll post on how it goes :)
Helpful - 0
I'll be looking for if! I bet it'll go perfectly fine ;)
Helpful - 0
Thanks I hope so I'm trying to stay calm lol
Helpful - 0
Oh yea I didn't mean you were wrong :-) just that done hospitals vary and she'd be best to ask her doctor to be sure what she can do :-)
Helpful - 0
Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helpful - 0
Yeah, best to ask. Mine is 1pm Friday and they said nothing to eat or drink from 7am. It was the same with my son, 2pm csection nothing after 8am. Good luck!
Helpful - 0
OK I'll go with that but I'll try to call again I'll just drink two bottles of water at 8 I can't imagine not being able to drink anything.
Helpful - 0
I can't imagine not eating /: lol that's torture, but it has to be done!. Just eat a very nice fulfilling dinner :)
Helpful - 0
I'm having my c section tomorrow too I was told no food or drink after 12 and to eat light today....but I'm having my c section at 8 am
Helpful - 0
Lucky I wish mine was early I ate a lot of pizza lol good luck tomorrow ☺ and then my 22 bday is the 25th so I'll be in the hospital, but that's okay its so worth it!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pregnancy Community