A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members
1454858 tn?1306787978

cramps & early pregnancy

I am about 5 weeks.  I have been pregnant before & had miscarriages...  I have peroid or ovulation like cramps that come & go.  How normal is this???  I'm afraid of miscarriage.
16 Responses
1311519 tn?1333985667
are they severe cramps? If no then it is absolutely normal. If you are not bleeding or having really bad back pain and severe cramps! I think you are ok. Stop worrying hunny. Worrying like this is not good for you or the baby! I know it is hard after a m/c. But you need to just relax. Call the Dr. so you can be seen
1431138 tn?1294570494
i agree, it is normal until it gets to the point where it's extreme constant pain. if its just every once in a while and kind of a dull pain then i think it's fine. my mom always tells me when i worry about everything that my baby is going to be born with gray hair lol. you dont want that so try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! if it does get severe or you're just too worried call your dr and see what they say even if it is just for peace of mind!
1454858 tn?1306787978
I don't actually have a doctor yet...
They are like mild menstrual cramps.  off and on.
I have some back pain, but not bad.
1454858 tn?1306787978
now I'm worried that my breasts don't hurt like they did yesterday...  I'm freaking out that something is wrong.  I know I need to calm down, but I also need to FEEL really pregnant. I'm really worried.  Also scared to go to the doc & not see a heartbeat.
613536 tn?1294242047
I am right there with you!  I am 5w and have very little for symptoms.  My last pregnancy I had almost everything by this point in time!  I am getting some cramping also, but it feels more like round ligament pain than anything.

I have heard other people say that they never had anything for symptoms and had healthy little babies - so hopefully we have healthy little ones with no symptoms!!!  I have my first u/s at the end of october and am really nervous.....
1194973 tn?1385507504
Symptoms don't mean anything. While it CAN be a concerning sign if they just disappear, it doesn't always mean anything bad. It's normal for them to come and go, and there's still plenty of time for them to appear. Symptoms aren't indicative of pregnancy, nor mean the pregnancy is viable just like lack of symptoms aren't indicative of miscarriage. Enjoy your pregnancy and try not to worry. If something does go wrong, you don't want to look back on it and only remember worry and fear.  
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.