Pregnancy Forum

delayed period but result is negative.

HI there I am redge.I am 26 years old and i am mom of 1 year and 10 months girl.I am delayed for 1 month and 8 days and cheked twice with the result is negative.I have never been delayed since I got my first period.My husband and i is not using any control birth, but only withdrawal method.Last month i felt early cramps but it was only happend ones. I saw like white mocus plug on my underwear. Could you pleasen tell me whats going on with me.Is this could be normal. Please help me before i checked with my OB.Thanks.
Hi!
It is possible for the period to be delayed if ovulation was delayed, or didn't happen for some reason.  This is very common, and happens to most women every now and then.  I always recommend repeating the pregnancy test about once per week until the period arrives, but if the tests continue to be negative, the period will probably come eventually.  If you were my patient, I would offer you a blood test, and also a 5 day course of progesterone to start you period for you.
I hope this helps!
Good luck!
Dr B
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.