Pregnancy Community

deliver early

It offends me when moms want to have their babies at 32- 36 weeks without any medical reasons other than they don't want to be pregnant.
I get that it can be painful, i get that its tiresome, i get all of that. But seriously, why can't some people put the needs of these babies before theirs?
My cousin took castor oil at 32 weeks and went into labor like a day later. The baby suffered from distress. It pissed me off because she said she did it because she was tired of being pregnant... .. Ugh what if he wasn't ready?
**I am in no way talking about moms with valid /medical reasons to have their babies early so please don't start getting angry. I'm only talking about those who risk their babies lives simply because they want them out. I don't understand them.
I guess Castro Oil actually works.
I agree completely. Anyone who's too impatient to wait until their child is ready to be born and decides to try to rush birth for their own convenience instead of being concerned for the health and safety of their own baby... is probably too impatient to raise a kid in the first place. I can only imagine what they'll do to hurry up the process of getting out the door in the morning when they've got a three-year-old who wants to assert their independence. Good luck with that, is all I can say.
Im with you there! I told my hubby that if our little guy doesnt want to come out at 40 weeks im totally fine with that. He can cook as long as he needs to :)
I want to at least make it to 34 weeks..im trying to keep mine in lol I have an incompetent cervix.
I literally just posted something just like this on the 24 to 34 forum (sorry im a cross commenter) it drives me crazy! Hlouella good luck momma ur a hero in my book doing whatever u can for ur baby!
I've also been told I have a short/small cervix.. seeing a specialist on May 6th.. and I'm currently 11w2d.

I'm praying to hold this baby in as LONG as God allows me to, so yeah.. I don't get it either. I pray every night that not only does my cervix not fail me before I can even get to see the specialist, but I'm praying that he/she gives me good news & I can prevent preterm labor or anything!