Pregnancy Community

depression

Before I got pg I had mild depression, not enough to be put on RX for. Now that I'm pregnant my depression and anxiety have become a full blown daily battle. I'm taking holistic remedies suggested by my midwife but nothing seems to be helping. Anyone else experiencing mod to sev depression? If so how r u coping?? Plz help. Oh BTW I'm 22 wks
I suffer severe depression which has been made worse with hormones and my baby's father leaving me. I'm 19w+4d and have been referred for counselling and therapy again, was offered to go back onto medication but refused because i don't want that in my system whilst i'm pregnant. The best advice i can give is talk to your doctor and see if you can have counselling so that you're not dealing with everything by yourself and just breaking down. It's difficult to cope but you can make it through, i hope you feel better soon x