Pregnancy Community

diabetes

Soooo I went and did my one hour glucose test yesterday and my results came back today... come to find out I am full blown diabetic and My doctor couldn't wait till my appt on weds to tell me bc it's so severe... let's say my stress level is through the roof now.

Anyone else diagnosed or have diabetes while pregnant? Just curious and trying to relate to someone really.
So it's not just gestational diabetes?

Sorry, haven't been through the same thing, just curious. Try not to stress too much! Tons of people go through pregnancy with diabetes. You'll be fine :)
Nope not just gestational. I knew there was a chance I could end up diabetic in life bc it runs in the family it's just the worst possible timing ever lol.
Sorry to hear :/ At least you know for sure now I guess, and your Dr will be able to help you manage it throughout your pregnancy :)
And your family members might be able to help too :)
I'm sorry :( it's an unfortunate thing, but it's not the worst thing that could happen! As annoying it will be to manage it sometimes, you and baby will be okay :) I know it's hard, but think positive! Everything will be alright.
I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Im sure the doctor will have u check your sugar from now. I check mine 4 times a day and had to go to a diabetes class.. i have been able to manage it tho i dont have to take medicine for it. Once u cut out the sweets and stick to water and lots of it, it should help your sugar a ton. Dont stress over it just like your suppose to and everything will be okay:)
Everything will be ok I found out 2 weeks ago that im a diabetic its hard because everything turns into sugar im still trying to get use to it the doctor put me on insulin plus I have high blood pressure to I just try to stay positive