Pregnancy Community

do dogs pose a threat to pregnant womens health?

I want to know if dogs carry any desease that may cause health risks for me or my growing baby. Im asking because my dog licks me in the mouth
No..and eww you shouldnt let ur dog lick ur mouth because they do lick themselves
My dog always steps on me bc hes still a puppy but other than that its fine to have a dog. Some say theu can hear the babys heart beat after i think its like 20 weeks and they are usually very protective
Dogs are fine just make sure if they are big dogs they don't step on your belly I have a 80lb pitbull and she's very cuddly and always wants to lay on me also I've heard to avoid walking them if they pulla lot but Def wouldnt let her lick the inside of my mouth regardless if I was pregnant or not... Make sure your dog is also up to date on vaccinations (: other than that dogs are great and I love having my puppy around she's like a baby to me :p
Dogs are safe but cats are dangerous to pregnancy they carry many parasites that can harm your baby
Dogs and cats are fine to have. You just have to stay away from the cats litter box. My cat is very protective over me. She has to stay with me almost all the time, she even checks up on me while I am taking a shower, especially when my fiance is not home.
I work at an Animal Hospital and the thing you should be worried about are worms make sure your pet is dewormed..Round worms can be transmitted from pets to humans..you cannot see them or know your pets has them unles you look at their stool through a microscope.