Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pregnancy Community
72.3k Members

due date?

The first day of my last period was June 7. I had sex on the 18th and 20th and was ovulating around the 21st.  I am now pregnant but am wondering if I am 3 Weeks pregnant or 5 Weeks.  Due date predictors and various websites say I am five Weeks because the gestational age starts the day of your last menstrual period. This gives me a due date of March 14th which is only 38 Weeks after conception. Shouldn't I be 3 Weeks along with a due date two Weeks later at 40 Weeks after conception? I am confused how this works.  For my first child I had an irregular period so I had an early ultrasoundthat determined my date of conception and then my due date was based on 40 Weeks after that.   Anyone that can clarify this for me?  Am I 3 Weeks because I conceived 3 Weeks ago, or am I five  Weeks because of the date of my last period?
3 Responses
2032869 tn?1333992714
They go by your last period so your 5 weeks.

Your EDD is 40 weeks from the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP). If you deliver on your EDD, your baby is actually only about 38 weeks old — that's because your egg didn't become fertilized until about 2 weeks after the start of your last menstrual period.
2149304 tn?1447814562
I agree completely with cch1029 so technically baby is 3 weeks but overall your pregnancy is 5 weeks when you add the period in
Your due the same date as me. I have an early pregnancy scan on Monday xxx
Have an Answer?
Top Pregnancy Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Austin, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get information and tips on how to help you choose the right place to deliver your baby.
Get the facts on how twins and multiples are formed and your chance of carrying more than one baby at a time.
Learn about the risks and benefits of circumcision.
What to expect during the first hours after delivery.
Learn about early screening and test options for your pregnancy.
Learn about testing and treatment for GBS bacterium.